Coaching Skills Certificate for Managers
Providing managers with vital coaching skills to enhance their leadership and management skills
The Coaching Skills Certificate Programme provides a robust initial learning experience into coaching; it is a learning journey that instils coaching skills, deepens understanding, and inspires managers to coach. Participants experience what it’s like to be an executive coach and begin to understand the power and success of coaching.
The Coaching Skills Certificate for Managers programme is designed to provide managers with vital coaching skills to enhance their leadership and management skills and achieve results with their teams through formal and informal coaching conversations.
In addition, the programme helps organisations embed a culture of coaching as the default strategy for boosting talent capacity and achieving business objectives.
The Coaching Skills Certificate for Managers is Programme is a three-day, modular course that is accredited by the International Coach Federation.
The Coaching Skills Certificate Programme for Managers programme is unique in that it:
- Is facilitated by experienced, senior, and accredited executive coaches who are also trained AoEC faculty for East Africa.
- Is customised to the needs of the organisation in order to support the business strategy.
- Provides an experiential learning experience for participants to acquire practical skills to coach on-the-job immediately after attending the course.
- Includes pre-training preparation and post-training review and feedback with participants to support implementation.
- Includes coaching tool kits and participant booklets to support learning.
- Is accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF).
- Offers 12 Accredited Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH).
- Is researched to ensure Transfer of Learning.
By taking the Coaching Skills Certificate for Managers Programme, delegates will be equipped to:
- Bring clarity to the distinctions between: coaching, mentoring, counselling and training.
- Learn when to use coaching as a powerful leadership intervention.
- Start at the very beginning by learning key skills such as listening, powerful questioning, and goal setting.
- Discover and apply alternatives to giving advice.
- Use an effective four-stage model that will enable participants to begin coaching their teams right away.
- Learn the difference between coaching for performance and coaching for development
- Go behind coaching’s core competencies to establish why coaching is so powerful and effective by understanding the type of questions that will yield the best responses, ways of listening that get clients to say more, how to have a conversation that leads to greater resourcefulness, accountability, and outcomes.